Institute of Banking Personnel Selection : Article
Directions:(Q.No:1-10) Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer.
1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1) How many daughters does Q have?
1. M and T are brothers of R.
2. R’s mother T is wife of Q.
2) How is J related to M?
1. M has only one brother and two sisters
2. J is daughter of T who is wife of M.
3) How is N related to M?
1. O is the husband of N.
2. Z who is the sister of brother M is the daughter of N.
4) B is the sister of a. How is A related to B?
1. A is the only son of his parents.
2. A has two sisters- B and F.
5) How is X related to W?
1. V is the husband of X.
2. W is the brother of Z and Z’s mother is X.
6) Is A brother of B?
1. D is mother of B and B is son of C. C is father of A.
2. E is sister of A and F is brother of A.
7) How is J related to N?
1. R is the brother of J and N is the son of R.
2. J is the sister of R and N is the son of R.
8) Is T grandmother of Q?
1. P is the mother of Q. Q is the son of R. R is the son of T.
2. L is father of N and N is daughter of T.
9) How is P related to J?
1. M is brother of P and T is sister of P.
2. P’s mother is married to J’s husband who has one son and two daughters.
10) Is X the wife of Y?
1. X’s daughter M is the only sister of R. R is the son of Y.
2. The mother of Y has only one grandson R.