Institute of Banking Personnel Selection : Article
Directions (Q.No 1-3)
Twelve persons are sitting in two parallel rows containing six persons each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In row-1, A, B, C D, E and F are seated (but not necessarily in the same order) and all of them are facing south. In row-2 P, Q, R, S, T and V are seated (but not necessarily in the same order) and all of them are facing north. Therefore, in the given seating arrangement each person seated in row faces another person of the other row.
A sits third to the left of E. The person facing A sits second to the left of T. Two persons are sitting between T and P. C and D are immediate neighbours. C and D do not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line. Only one person sits between B and C. The person facing D is an immediate neighbor of Q. V is not an immediate neighbor of P. S does not face A.
1) Who amongst the following sits second to the right of the person who faces R?
(1) C (2) D (3) B (4) E
(5) Can’t be determined
2) Which of the following statements regarding B is true?
(1) B sits second to the left of C
(2) A sits to immediate left of B
(3) T faces B
(4) D is an immediate neighbor of B.
(5) The person who faces B is an immediate neighbor of S.
3) Who amongst the following faces P?
(1) A (2) D (3) C (4) E
(5) cannot be determined
Directions (Q.No 4-6)
A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are seated in a straight line facing North but not necessarily in the same order. B sits third to left of E. Neither B nor E sits at an extreme end of the line. Only one person sits between E and G. G is not n immediate neighbor of B. C sits third to the right of A. A is not an immediate neighbor of B. Only one person sits between H and D. C is not an iommediate neighbor of H.
4) Who amongst the following sits exactly between E and G?
(a) H (b) D (c) F (d) c (e) None of these
5) Which of the following is true with respect to the given arrangement?
(a) Two people sit to the left of C
(b) A sits second to right of B
(c) E and C are immediate neighbours of each other
(d) Only one person to the right of H.
(e) None is true
6) What is the position of F with respect to D?
(a) Third to the left (b) Fourth to the right
(c) Second to the right (d) Second to the left (e) Immediate left
Directins (Q.No 7-10)
A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a square table in such a way that four of them sit at four corners of the square while four sit in the middle of each of the four sides. The ones who sit in the mioddle of each of the four sides. The ones who sit at the four corners face the centre of the table while those who sit in the middle of the sides face outside.
· B, the wife of E is sitting second to left of G. G is sitting at one of the corners of the table. No female is an immediate neighbor of G.
· D’s daughter is sitting third to the right of F. F is the mother of H.
· H and A are immediate neighbours of each other. Both A and H are daughters of C. H is not an immediate neighbor of F.
· D is the brother of C. D is not an immediate neighbor of G. D sits to the immediate left of his father E.
7) Who sits to the immediate right of F?
(a) A’s grandmother (b) A
(c) F’s brother-in-law (d) E (e) C
8) What is position of E with respect to his daughter-in-law?
(a) Immediate left (b) Third to the right
(c) Third to the left (d) Second to the right
(e) Fourth to the left
9) Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given information and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that groupu?
(a) F (b) A (c) G (d) B (e) C
10) Who amongst the following is D’s daughter?
(a) H (b) G (c) A (d) B (e) None of these