Institute of Banking Personnel Selection : Article
1) In a row of boys facing North, Amit is 5th to the left of Ashok,Alok is 3rd to the right of Amit. Vilas is 3rd to the left of Ashok. Which of the following describes the position of Vilas?
(1) To the immediate right of Vilas?
(2) To the immediate left of Alok
(3) To the immediate right of Alok
(4) 3rd to the right of Amit
(5) None of these
2) In a row of 40 girls, when Kamala was shifted to her left by 4 places her number from the left end of the row became 10. What was the number of Sujatha from the right end of the row if Sujatha was three places to the right of Kamala’s original position?
(1) 22 (2) 26 (3) 25 (4) 23 (5) None of these
3) Ina row of girls, Purinima is eighth from the right and Bhavana is twelth from the left. When Purinima and Bhavana interchange positions, Bhavana becomes twenty-first from the left. Which of the following will be Purnima’s new position from the right?
(1) 8th (2) 17th (3) 21st
(4) Data inadequate (5) None of these
4) Three persons P, Q and R are standing in a queue. There are five persons between P and Q and eight other persons between Q and R. If there are three persons ahead of R and 21 persons behind P, what could be the minimum number of persons in the queue?
(1) 40 (2) 43 (3) 47
(4) 48 (5) None of these
5) In a row of girls, Shilpa is eighth from the left and Mona is sixth from the right,. When they interchange their positions, Shilpa becomes fourteenth from the left. How many girls are there in the row?
(1) 25 (2) 27 (3) 29
(4) 30 (5) None of these
6) Rajeev ranks 12th from the top and Krishna ranks 26th from the bottom. If there are five students between them, then how many students are there in the class?
a) 41 b) 42 c) 44
d) 45 e) None of these
7) Among P, Q, R, S and T, T is shorter than S and P. Q is shorter than only P. Who among them is the shortest?
(1) Cannot be determined (2) R (3) T
(4) Q (5) None of these
8) In a group of five friends A, B, C, D and E, ‘B’ is younger to C but elder to A. If they are arranged in ascending order of age, then D gets fifth rank, who is the youngest in age?
(1) B (2) A (3) Either E or C
(4) Onlly C (5) None of these
9) Forty boys are standing in a row facing the north. Raghu is eleventh from the left and vijay is thirty-first from the right end of the row. How far away will Uday, who is third to the right of Raghu in the row, be from Vijay?
(1) 3rd (2) 4th (3) 2nd (4) 5th (5) None of these
10) Ravi is sixteenth from the front in a column of boys. There are twice as many behind him as there are in front. How many boys are there between Ravi and fifth boy from the end of the column?
(1) Can’t be determined (2) 25 (3) 10
(4) 26 (5) None of these