Union Public Service Commission : Article
IMPORTANT QUESTION INDIAN POLITY TEST-I ( IAS /IPS/IFS(UPSC))
1.Consider the following statements:
1. The Writ jurisdiction of the High Court under Article 226 can be restricted through a constitutional
amendment passed by 2/3rd majority of members present and voting.
2. The ward of a British Citizen resident in India can claim the Right to Elementary Education.
3. Education is a Central subject.
4. Article 301 complements/reinforces some clauses of Article 19.
Which of the above statements are not correct?
(a) 2, 3, 4 (b) 1, 2, 4
(c) 2, 3 (d) 1, 3
2.Which is not true for the Government of India act of 1919?
(a) It divided the provincial subjects into two parts.
(b) It introduced bicameralism.
(c) It introduced direct elections for the first time.
(d) It required the two of the six members of the Viceroy’s executive council to be Indian.
3.Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. A money bill is introduced only in the Lok Sabha.
2. Under article 249, resolution passed by Rajya Sabha in the national interest allows parliament to enact laws
on only such items of state List which are specified in the said resolution.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 Only (b) 2 Only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
4.Choose the correct statement:
1. The governor is the chief legislative head of the state.
2. The governor also acts as an agent of the central government
3. The office of governor of a state is an employment under the central government
4.4. Office of governor is under the direct control of central government.
(a) 1, 2 and 4 (b) 1 and 3
(c) Only 2 (d) None of the above.
5.Which of the following are tools of e-governance?
(a) Emails (b) Messages
(c) Social Media (d) All of the above
1- d 2-d 3-c 4-c 5-d