Institute of Banking Personnel Selection : Article
MODEL QUESTION ENGLISH ERROR SPOTING
Directions(1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’ the answer is (e).
1. He said that the performance of the Indian team(a)/ was satisfactory at the international meet (b)/ and that they learnt a lot from (c)/ watching top seeded players through action at the grand slam. (d)/ No error (e).
2. The director explained(a)/ the theme and (b)/ the concept of (c)/ the international folk festival(d)/ No error(e).
3. Watching the exponential(a)/ talent of world tennis(b)/ was the best things(c)/ to happen to him(d)/ No error(e).
4. The transit system’s underground(a)/ tunnels and stations will(b)/ be constructed (c)/ next heritage structures(d)/ No error(e)
5. The process of (a)/ revising figures of damage(b)/ to get additional compensation (c)/ has began(d)/No error(e)
1-d 2-e 3-c 4-d 5-d