Institute of Banking Personnel Selection : Article
SEATING ARRANGEMENTS For IBPS PO
Directions (Q. No: 1-7): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
Eight persons J, K, L, M, P, Q, R and S are sitting around a circular table at equal distances between each other, but not necessarily in the same order. Some of the people are facing the centre while some others are facing outside (i.e In a direction opposite to the centre).
K sits second to the right of P, K is an immediate neighbor of J. P faces towards centre. P is to the immediate left of M. Neither K nor L is an immediate neighbor of M. S sits second to the right of M. L is to the immediate right of S. R sits third to the right of Q. L and Q face the same direction as that of M. Q sits second to the right of J. Both the immediate neighbours of Q face the same direction. Both the immediate neighbours of M face the same direction.
1) How many persons in the given arrangement face outside?
(1) Four (2) Six (3) Five
(4) Three (5) Two
2) Who amongst the following is sitting third to the left of L?
(1) K (2) P (3) Q (4) R (5) M
3) Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given seating arrangement and hence they form a group. Which is the one that dose not belong to that group?
(1) P (2) Q (3) J (4) L (5) S
4) Who amongst the following sits exactly between K and P if one moves clockwise from K?
(1) S (2) L (3) R (4) Q (5) J
5) What is the position of R with respect to Q?
(1) Immediate right
(2) Third to the right
(3) Third to the left
(4) Second to the right
(5) Second to the left
6) Who amongst the following sitting second to the left of S?
(1) R (2) P (3) K (4) J (5) M
7) Which of the following statements is true as per the given seating arrangement?
(1) P sits to the immediate right of M.
(2) J sits second to the right of Q.
(3) K faces the same direction as R.
(4) S and R immediate neighbours of L.
(5) None of the given options is correct.
1-3 2-5 3-1
4-4 5-2 6-5 7-3