Institute of Banking Personnel Selection : Article
REASONING WORKOUT FOR IBPS PO
Directions (Q.1-5): In the following questions, the
symbols ©, $, %,@ and # are used with the following meaning as illustrated
‘P @ Q’ means ‘P is neither greater than nor equal to Q’.
‘P $ Q’ means ‘P is not Smaller than Q’.
‘P # Q ’ means ‘P is neither Smaller than nor greater than Q’.
‘P © Q’ means ‘P is not greater than Q’
‘P % Q’ means ‘P is neither Smaller than nor equal to Q’.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the three conclusions I, II and III given below them is/are definitely true and give your answer accordingly.
1) If only conclusion I is true
2) If only conclusion II is true
3) If either conclusion I or II is true
4) If neither conclusion I nor II is true
5) If both conclusion I and II are true
1. Statement: J # R, R % K, K @ D
Conclusions: I.K @ J II.D@J
2. Statement: M © T, K % T, K @ N
Conclusions: I.N%M II.K%M
3. Statement: V $ D , D © R; R % F
Conclusions: I.R % V II.V @ F
4. Statement: B @ E , E # S , S $ Z
Conclusions: I.Z @ E II.E # Z
5. Statement: H % M , N © M , N $ T
Conclusions: I.H # T II.H % T
1-1 2-5 3-4 4-3 5-2