TANGEDCO Assistant Engineer AE 2019 Written Examination Details
Are you are one among the applicants who are browsing for the Syllabus of TNEB TANGEDCO AE Exam 2019? If you say yes, then you don’t get panic. You have arrived the right destination. On this page, you can get the detailed TNEB AE Syllabus 2019.
As the authorities of Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited decided to conduct the written exam for AE posts, applicants kickstart your preparation. Take the help of the Tamil Nadu GEDCO AE Exam Syllabus 2019 & Test pattern to score good marks in the written examination. Practice all the topics of TANGEDCO Exam Syllabus 2019 to qualify the written test round easily.
Candidates will be called for the original certificate verification in the ratio of 1:5 as per the rule of reservation (Communal roster) and based on the marks obtained in the Competitive Written Examination.
After satisfactory verification of the certificates, the selection will be made from the eligible candidates purely on the basis of marks obtained in the Competitive Written Examination and as per the rule of reservation (communal roster) and then appointment orders will be issued to the notified vacancies. Applying to the post through online and writing Competitive Written Examination alone will not guarantee for appointment or selection to the post.
- Written Examination
- Document verification or
- Certificate verification
|Name of the Post||Qualification|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||A Bachelor’s degree in EEE/ECE/EIE/CSE/IT Engineering OR A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Electrical Engineering Branch|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering OR A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Civil Engineering Branch|
Note: The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies i.e. 10th + HSC/Diploma + U.G. degree (Regular/Part time) as the case may be from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
The candidates who have passed U.G. degree through Distance education / Correspondence mode from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu are not eligible for this post.
Every person appointed to the post whose first language is other than Tamil should pass the Tamil language EXAMINATION conducted by the TNPSC within the period of probation otherwise action as deemed fit will be taken as per Service Regulation amended from time to time.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Basic Engineering Science
- Concerned Discipline
- Numerical Methods
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration
- Vector Calculus
- Applied Probability
- Determinants and Matrices
- Calculus and Differential Equations
Basic Engineering & Sciences
- Applied Mechanics
- Environmental Pollution
- Chemical Kinetics
- Fuels and Combustion etc
- Electrical Engineering
- Ohm’s law
- Kirchoff’s law
- Synchronous machines
- Mechanical Engineering
- C. circuits
- C. machines
- Boundary Layer
- C program
- Civil Engineering
- Fluid Statics and Dynamics
- Material Science
- Pumps and Turbines
- Computer Organisation
- User defined function
Electrical Circuits and Fields
- Digital Electronics
- Control systems
- Electrical machines
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Digital Signal Processing
- Power Systems
- Computer Control of Processes, Networks
- Communication Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering Surveying
|Exam Types||Part||Subject Name||No of questions||Marks||Durations|
Written Test (Objective)
|1||Engineering Mathematics||20||20|| |
|2||Basic Engineering Science||20||20|
- Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
- There is no change in the syllabi of optional subjects which are available in the website.
- To use blue or black ink Ball Point Pen only.
- Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in Pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box for Booklet Series is not shaded and could not be identified even by physical verification of the answer sheet.
- Answer sheet answered in a subject other than the subject opted by the candidate in his application/specified in the Hall Ticket will be invalidated.
|Name of Post||Centre Code||Name of Centre||Centre Code|
The Differently Abled persons should produce a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation. The Differently Abled persons will be eligible for age concession upto ten years over and above the age limit prescribed for this post.
- All candidates should give maximum time to their study regularly.
- Candidates should make their study time or schedule of the day and accordingly start to preparing i.e. make sure to divide your entire time between all related subjects and prepare accordingly daily.
- Candidates requires to maximum use of flow charts and diagram to understand deeply the concern topic.
- Candidates must regular practice to solve old year examination papers; with this you will be able to increase your knowledge as well as time accuracy.
- Group study is very useful to crack any written examination so we therefore advise to all concern contenders to make a group of eligible and suitable friends and study combindly one or two hour in a day and arise your question before them and explain your answer to others too.
- Time breaks is also essential while preparing hard for any written examination so after 2-3 hours study candidates should take a break of 15-20 minutes for mind fresh.
Important Note: Under No circumstances, a candidate should share/mention e-mail ID or Mobile Number to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, they should create a new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that e-mail account till final results are announced.
The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter and in the Attendance List. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Online Examination.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Aadhar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications.
- Date of Birth Certificate / S.S.C
- School Study Certificate
- Declaration by the Unemployed (For claiming examination fee exemption)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer (if anywhere employed)