CURRENT AFFAIRS (03.11.16)
1. Name the
country that topped the list of 2016 Global Gender Gap Report that was released
by World Economic Forum (WEF).
2. Which rank was secured by India in the list of 2016 Global Gender Gap Report that was released by World Economic Forum (WEF)?
3. Who was appointed as the as President and CEO of Ericsson recently?
a) Jan Frykhammar
b) Borje Ekholm
c) Leif Johansson
d) Hans Vestberg
4. The Union Government recently constituted a High-Level Committee to monitor bird flu situation. Who will head this High-Level Committee?
a) Devendra Chaudhry
b) H Papamma
c) M Nagaraj
5. India recently signed revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement with which country?
a) Saudi Arabia
b) North America
c) South Korea
6. Who of the following was the chairman of the committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) that in October 2016 submitted its report to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar?
a) Justice (Retd.) L Narasimha Reddy
b) TVSN Prasad
c) Justice SN Dhingra Commission
d) Shashi Shekhar
7. Name the city that hosted India's first Astrobiology Conference - Life in Space.
b) New Delhi
8. Which state is set to become the second state in the United States of America to teach Sikh history and culture into the public school curriculum?
9. What was the theme of the 2016 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage that was observed on 27 October 2016?
a) Archives at Risk: Much more to do
b) Saving Our Heritage for the Next Generation
c) It's Your Story - Don't Lose It
d) None of the above
10. Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd recently entered into a new strategic collaboration to market and distribute a diverse portfolio of eight injectable Abbreviated New Drug Applications. The company entered into the deal with which of the following companies?
a) Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
c) Gland Pharma
1. (c) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (d) 5. (c)
6. (a) 7. (a) 8. (d) 9. (c) 10. (c)