CURRENT AFFAIRS (21.10.16)
1. Name the statistician who was named for the
inaugural International Prize in Statistics.
a) David Cox
b) Bradley Efron
c) C.R. Rao
d) Persi Diaconis
2. Sino India Cooperation 2016, a joint tactical exercise, between Indian and China was recently held in
a) Kurung Kumey
b) East Siang
3. Name the city that was officially declared as one of the venues for hosting the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
4. Name the state that in October 2016 launched the Kaushalya SETU (Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation) initiative.
5. Who of the following was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of Odisha?
a) Sunil Kumar Mishra
b) Ashok Kumar Choudhary
c) S. Vijay Raghawan
d) Farzand Ahmad
6. Name the state that in October 2016 cancelled affiliation of 68 intermediate colleges of the state for not fulfilling its criterion
d) West Bengal
7. A state in October 2016 decided to allot land for steel plant proposed in Orvakallu in Kadapa district. Kadapa district is located in which Indian state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) TamiL Nadu
8. Name the country that is hosting the 2016 Asian Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy?
9. The domestic air passengers grew by what percent during Jan-Sept 2016 as compared to the same period of 2015?
a) 15.7 percent
b) 22 percent
c) 23.17 percent
d) 24.1 percent
10. Name the company that will commission two power projects of 710 megawatt in Arunachal Pradesh in 2017.
a) NTPC Limited (National Thermal Power Corporation)
b) North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO)
c) Tata Power
d) Reliance Electric Limited
1.(a) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (a) 6. (a) 7. (a) 8. (c) 9. (c) 10 (b)