CURRENT AFFAIRS (19.10.16)
1. Which of the following countries will host the fresh
round of peace talks on Syria crisis?
2. Which company recently launched India’s first indigenous electric bus?
a) Tata Motors
b) Mahindra & Mahindra
c) Ashok Leyland
d) Hindustan Motors
3. India completed its nuclear triad by inducting which of the following submarine into service?
a) INS Chakra
b) INS Shishumar
c) INS Aridhaman
d) INS Arihant
4. Who was appointed as India's Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva recently?
a) Neeraj Goyat
b) Amandeep Singh Gill
c) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
d) Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad
5. Which country is the safest place in the world as per World Economic Forum 2016 report?
6. Which among the following country's Cricket team recently became the world first team to play 900 ODIs?
b) South Africa
d) Sri Lanka
7. Name the grappler from India who clinched gold medal in 60kg category at the sixth edition of the TAFISA World Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.
a) Naveen Kumar
b) Muhammad Alim
c) Luv Singh
8. Name the manned spacecraft of China that was launched carrying two astronauts in October 2016.
c) Long March-2F
9. Kigali Agreement that was reached by more than 170 countries in October seeks to amend a agreement/protocol. Name it.
a) Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety
b) Montreal Protocol
c) Paris Agreement
d) Kyoto Protocol
10. Name the actor who will be awarded with the 44th Chaplin Award for the year 2016 by Film Society of Lincoln Center.
a) Morgan Freeman
b) Robert De Niro
c) Arnold Schwarzenegger
d) Robert Downey Jr.
1. (c) 2. (c) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (d)
6. (a) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (b) 10. (b)