CURRENT AFFAIRS (18.10.16)
1. What was the theme of the 2016 World Standards Day?
a) Industry Sectors Ranging from Energy
b) Climate Change and Healthcare
c) Standards Build Trust
d) International Standards Represent the Consensus View
2. Who was selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016?
a) M P Veerendra Kumar
b) P V Chandran
c) M Mukundan
d) C Radhakrishnan
3. Who of the following won the men's singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open badminton?
a) Parupalli Kashyap
b) Sourabh Verma
c) Daren Liew
d) Hsu Jen-hao
4. What was the theme for International Day for the Eradication of Poverty that was observed on 17 October 2016?
a) Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms
b) Leave no one behind: think, decide and act together against extreme poverty
c) Ending the violence of Extreme Poverty: Promoting empowerment and building peace
d) We Can End Poverty
5. What was the theme for 2016 BRICS Summit?
a) BRICS Partnership – a Powerful Factor of Global Development
b) Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions
c) Inclusive Growth: Sustainable Solutions
d) BRICS: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation
6. Name the country with which India signed an agreement for promotion of co-operation between Indian Council of World Affairs and the country’s Council of World Affairs.
7. Who of the following won the welterweight Asia title?
a) Neeraj Goyat
b) Ben Kite
c) Amandeep Singh
d) Dilbag Thakran
8. Who headed the expert committee that in its report suggested that the Saraswati River was not mythical and it existed?
a) KS Valdiya
b) AK Singh
c) Shashi Shekhar
d) Madhav Chitale
9. Name the country with which India signed an agreement for cooperation in the field of water resources, including innovations in irrigation technology.
b) South Africa
10. 2016 BRICS Summit concluded on 16 August 2016 in India. Consider the following statements in context to the summit. <br/>Goa Declaration was adopted by the BRICS nations <br/>BRICS leaders also held a summit with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) <br/>The ninth BRICS summit will be hosted by Brazil at Fortaleza in 2017 <br/>Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
1. (c) 2. (d) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (b)
6. (d) 7. (a) 8.(a) 9. (d) 10. (a)