CURRENT AFFAIRS (13.10.16)
Morocco king reappoints Abdelilah Benkirane as PM
· The leader of Morocco’s Islamic Justice and Development Party (PJD) Abdelilah Benkirane has been appointed as the country’s prime minister for another term.
· This will be Benkirane second term as Prime Minister of Morocco.
· He has been serving as Prime Minister in a coalition government since November 2011
Sir Ian McKellen honoured at UK Theatre Awards
· Veteran actor Sir Ian McKellen (77-year) has honoured with the Outstanding Contribution to British Theatre prize at the UK Theatre Awards.
· He also known for his roles in the “X-Men” and “Lord Of The Rings” film franchises.
· McKellen’s theatre career has spanned six decades and seen him perform at theatres all over the UK.
Style icon Parmeshwar Godrej passes away
· Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej’s wife Parmeshwar Godrej (70-year) has passed away after a prolonged illness in Mumbai.
· She was Mumbai’s original queen bee and will be fondly remembered as a style icon.
· Earlier, she joined hands with actor Richard Gere, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Clinton Global Initiative to combat AIDS through the launch of the ‘Heroes Project‘ in 2004.
Telangana gets 21 new districts in the state
· The Telangana government has carried out the biggest administrative reform and created 21 new districts.
· With this, the total number of districts in Telangana went up to 31 from 10.
· Telangana came into existence on 2nd June 2014 as the 29th state of India.
MP to launch Lalima Abhiyan to make state free from Anaemia
· The Madhya Pradesh (MP) state government has decided to launch a ‘Lalima Abhiyan‘ on 1st November to make the state anaemia-free.
· Under the campaign, free iron folic acid tablets will be provided in Anganwadis, academic institutions and hospitals.
· 52.5% women in the age group of 15-49 years and 25.5% men suffer from anaemia in India.
Tamim Iqbal 1st Bangladeshi to reach 5,000 ODI runs
· Bangladeshi left-hander batsman Tamim Iqbal (27-year) has become the country’s first player to register 5,000 runs in One Day International (ODI)cricket.
· Tamim also tops the list of the highest total score and highest innings score for Bangladesh across all three forms of the game....