CURRENT AFFAIRS (06.10.16)
1. The 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to
a) Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir James Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa
b) Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff
c) Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar
d) Paul Modrich
2. India recently signed three MoUs with which country to strengthen ties on countering terrorism and skill development?
a) United States
d) European Union
3. Who won the 2016 John F Richards Prize of American Historical Association?
a) Nancy Rose Hunt
b) Nayanjot Lahiri
c) Boubakar Barry
d) Vinaya Manchaia
4. Which taxi-booking app launched the offline taxi booking feature recently?
5. The Union Cabinet recently approved the signing of MoU between India and which group of countries in the field of water resources?
a) ASEAN Countries
b) BRICS Nations
c) European Union
d) SAARC Members
6. RBI in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 reduced the Repo rate by what basis point?
7. RBI in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 adjusted the Reverse Repo rate by at what percent?
8. Who won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physics?
a) David Thouless, Duncan Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz
b) Serge Haroche and David J Wineland
c) Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov
d) Saul Perlmutter, Brian P Schmidt and Adam Riess Hide
9. The first-ever BRICS trade fair will be held in which city of India?
b) New Delhi
10. Who was appointed as CMD of Power Finance Corporation recently?
a) Rajeev Sharma
b) Ketan Kumar
c) MS Sahoo
d) Nayanjot Singh
1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (c)
6. (c) 7. (c) 8. (a) 9. (b) 10. (a)