CURRENT AFFAIRS TODAY (03.10.16)
1. Who was appointed as
the Vice-Chairman of Press Trust of India recently?
a) Riyadh Mathew
b) Hormusji N Cama
c) Viveck Goenka
d) Vineet Jain
2. Who was appointed as the Managing Director of Abbott India Ltd recently?
a) Rehan Khan
b) Bhasker Iyer
c) Ambati Venu
d) Hasit Joshipura
3. When is the International Day of Non-Violence observed every year?
a) 1 October
b) 2 October
c) 3 October
d) 4 October
4. Name the renowned Bangla writer who passed away recently and was known for writing patriotic songs of 1971 Liberation War.
a) Syed Shamsul Haq
b) Sunil Gangopadhyay
c) Shahid Qadri
d) Nabarun Bhattacharya
5. Which country began the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang, Vietnam with Vietnamese navies?
6. Which bank signed a memorandum of understanding with Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company for distribution of mutual fund products?
a) State Bank of India
b) Karnataka Bank Ltd
c) Bank of Baroda
d) ICICI Bank
7. Which among the following hospitals and Italy’s KOS group jointly launched a medical rehabilitation hospital in Hyderabad recently?
a) Fortis Healthcare
b) Tata Memorial Hospital
c) Apollo Hospitals
d) Max Hospital
8. Which Indian Monument recently bagged an award for Cleanest
Iconic Place at the Indian Sanitation Conference (INDOSAN) 2016?
a) Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
b) Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram
c) Rani ki Vav, Gujarat
d) Architectural Work Of Le Corbusier, Chandigarh
9. Which State recently joined the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) of the Union Government?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
10. Name the five companies that recently joined hands to announce a historic partnership on artificial intelligence and machine learning?
a) Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft
b) eBay, Google, Twitter, Microsoft and Instagram
c) Microsoft, Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Flipkart
d) Alibaba, Amazon, Facebook, eBay and Google
1. (c) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (d)
6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (b) 10. (a)