CURRENT AFFAIRS IN TAMIL(29.09.16)
1. Name the person who was appointed as first US ambassador to Cuba in 55
years by President Barack Obama.
a) Marcia Stephens Bloom Bernicat
b) Jeffrey DeLaurentis
c) Cameron Munter
d) Richard G. Olson
2. Name the organisation that in its pollution report claimed that 92 percent of the world’s population is breathing poor quality air.
a) World Health Organization (WHO)
b) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
c) Global Environment Facility (GEF)
d) Global Climate Observing System (GCOS)
3. Name the Moon of Jupiter on which the evidence of possible water plumes was discovered by astronomers of NASA.
4. Shimon Peres, who passed away recently, was the former President and Prime Minister of which country?
5. Name the country that topped the Global Competitiveness Index, GCI 2016-17 released in September 2016.
c) United States of America
6. Name the American filmmaker, often called as the Godfather of Gore, who
a) Herschell Gordon Lewis
b) Adam Lewis Gordon
c) Hugh Hefner
d) None of the above
7. What was the theme for World Rabies Day that was observed on 28 September 2016?
a) Rabies: Understand it to defeat it.
b) Rabies: Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate.
c) End Rabies Together
d) Rabies: Eradicate it globally
8. Who will be honoured with the 2016 Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement of the Maharashtra Government?
a) Karsh Kale
b) Krishna Kalle
c) Kavita Krishnamurthy
d) Uttam Singh
9. Which airport became first in the Asia-Pacific region to achieve the Carbon Neutrality status by Airport Carbon Accreditation?
a) Tokyo Haneda Airport
b) Kuala Lumpur International Airport
c) Indira Gandhi International Airport
d) Dubai International Airport
10. Which of the following symbols is not included in the Official Emblem for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India unveiled recently?
a) Indian Ocean
b) Tulsi Plant
1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (a)
6. (a) 7. (b) 8. (d) 9. (c) 10. (b)