1. Which of the following is not part of the 27 cities that was chosen
under the Smart Cities list that was released in September 2016?
2. Name the institute whose scientists have developed spectroscopic technique that will help in identifying the signs of life at Mars.
a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
b) University of Cambridge
c) New York University
d) University of Oxford
3. Name the Indian shooter who won the gold in the junior men's 25m rapid fire pistol event at the junior men's 25m rapid fire pistol event at Gabala in Azerbaijan.’
a) Nishant Bhardwaj
b) Arjun Das
c) Rushiraj Barot
d) Arjun Babuta
4. The two-day North East Connectivity Summit is being held in which city?
5. Name the state that objected to Genetically-Modified (GM) mustard from being considered for commercial cultivation in India.
d) Tamil Nadu
2. (a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
3. (c) Rushiraj Barot
4. (c) Agartala
5. (a) Kerala
• The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed a contract with M/s DST, Germany to design vessels, especially suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch of - National Waterway-1 (NW-1)
• Author of the book "Citizen and Society" that was launched by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi is - Vice President Mohd Hamid Ansari
• China's city that is set to host India Week celebrations with a business and investment meeting to be attended by CEOs of top Indian firms is - Yangzhou
• Punjab and Haryana High Court has stayed the 10 per cent reservation given to economically weaker sections in - Haryana
• The state where about 52000 government primary and upper primary schools functioning under the School and Mass Education Department, have no teacher for each class is – Odisha
• The country where the Muslim Brotherhood has made a return to parliament after winning 16 seats in the 130-member house is - Jordan
• Government's think-tank Niti Aayog has devised a short-term and medium-to-long term action plan to help India achieve 50 medals in - 2024 summer Olympics
• The company that has landed a 99.7-million dollar contract from Vietnam Border Guard to design, construct and supply high-speed patrol vessels is - Larsen & Toubro (L&T)