CURRENT AFFAIRS (22.09.16)
1. Name the Nobel laureate who was honoured as the 2016 Humanitarian of the
Year by the Harvard Foundation.
a) Malala Yousafzai
b) Ban-Ki Moon
c) Aung San Suu Kyi
d) None of the above
2. Who was appointed as the India's Ambassador to Sweden recently?
a) Azita Raji
b) Monika Kapil Mohta
c) H.E. Artak
d) Gulshan Singh
3. Transportation app Ola in September 2016 tied-up with which online portal for Cab Booking Interface Integration?
b) Oyo Rooms
4. Which country topped the World Economic Freedom (WEF) Index 2016?
a) Hong Kong
c) New Zealand
5. India stood at which position in the World Economic Freedom (WEF) Index 2016?
6. Joint Sea-2016 naval exercise was conducted between which of the following countries?
a) India and Russia
b) India and China
c) China and Russia
d) China and United States
7. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India recently?
a) Usha Pal
b) Usha Sangwan
c) VK Sharma
d) Nitin Srivastav
8. Which of the following countries was recently hit by Typhoon Meranti?
9. Name the place where the Giant African Land Snail (GALS), listed as one of the world’s 100 most invasive species by the IUCN, was spotted recently.
a) Mumbai University
b) VIT University
c) Goa University
d) Sambalpur University
10. International Day of Peace was observed across the world on 21 September 2016 with theme
a) The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace
b) Partnerships for Peace - Dignity for All
c) Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Future
d) Disarmament and non-proliferation
1-C 2-B 3-C 4-A 5-A 6-C 7-C 8-A 9-C 10-A